Pure Sponge is a sterile, bioabsorbable, collagen protein matrix, designed to provide an occlusive/semi-occlusive cover for a wound, primarily to maintain a clean and moist environment for healing. It is made out of purified 100% bovine collagen type 1, it is completely sterile and each sponge is packed individually.
In today’s market, there is a tendency for most collagen plugs and sponges to be resorbed, or escape, in just a few days. Pure Sponge is completely different and this is a long-lasting non-toxic and non-pyrogenic bovine collagen wound dressing. Pure Sponge will last longer than any other collagen plugs presented on the market and will provide better clinical results and healing processes. Pure Sponge is a soft, white, pliable, nonfriable sponge. Thanks to the coherent sponge structure, the application to the wound is easily controlled. It can be used for extraction sites, and biopsy sites, to control bleeding and stabilize blood clots as well as protect the wound socket while accelerating the healing process.
The contact of Pure Sponge with blood leads to the aggregation of platelets which precipitate on the collagen matrix, disintegrate, and release clotting and plasma factors. It facilitates the formation of new fibrin. The collagen matrix structure provides additional reinforcement to the clot while preventing soft tissue from growing into the extraction alveoli. Using DSI Pure Sponge reduces alveolar ridge atrophy.
Due to its unique structure, Pure Sponge is capable of absorbing large quantities of fluid and removing rejected materials such as bacteria and fibrin clots during the process. It is perfect for use in:
- Post-extraction tissue Void Filling.
- Treating periodontal defects.
- Biopsy procedures.
- Treating alveolar ridge defects.
- Socket grafting.
- Treating Schneiderian membrane tears.
- Sinus graft containment.
- Periodontal guided bone regeneration.
- Soft tissue recontouring.
- Long-lasting non-toxic and non-pyrogenic bovine collagen wound dressing.
- Will last longer than any other collagen plugs presented on the market.
- Provide better clinical results and healing processes.
- Control bleeding and stabilize blood clots.
- Completely sterile and each sponge is packed individually with the bioabsorbable, collagen protein matrix.
- It facilitates the formation of new fibrin.
- The collagen matrix structure provides additional reinforcement to the clot while preventing soft tissue from growing into the extraction alveoli.
- Reduces alveolar ridge atrophy.